Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Last night, I was listening to my thoughts. (don't judge me.). Listening to my thoughts because, I think a lot but never really explore some of the thoughts that race through my mind. No I am not schizophrenic. I did not have conversations with the voices.

Last night my thoughts centered around my exes. Not all of them just three in particular. The two almost Misters and the Mister. I wondered where they were and how they were. I also wondered where would I be had I followed through or stayed in the last one. Would I be dead or in jail. Would I have been able to carve out some happiness. Could I have been a mother by now. Had I not been stressed would those miscarriages not have happened.

I know the answers I will never know. Any other time, I would not dwell on those things. I am not one who lives with regrets. Nor do I tend to dwell on the past. I do recognize some of these issues are unresolved. Unresolved because, I have this uncanny knack for pushing every hurt pain or thought to the bottom of the hamper in my mind. I let it go. I don't deal. To the outside world, it looks like I am fine and well balanced. Only me a a select few know that is not the case.

I was just recently diagnosed with severe clinical depression. Who knew. I didn't. One thing I recognize is I don't express my feelings very well at times. You would think, a writer would be able to express there feelings. Nope not me. Well, at least not verbally. I am pretty good at writing my feelings poetically. But if you sit down with me I will be more likely to find a way to turn the conversation to you and your problems.

There was no real purpose for this post. I just started out thinking about the men of my past and how, I have dealt with the pain. Not in a good way. The first almost mister, I cut my hair and moved back to Nashville. Second almost mister, I cut all my hair and went on sabbatical. And this last mishap, I grew my hair out and started clubbing. My health is starting to spiral out of control.

I used to be able to just concentrate on my ministry or writing. Not lately. I think it has manifested in my health.

By nature I am a quiet spiritual person. I have a religious background. I was raised in the church. Went to the seminary. Yet, I struggle with that whole part of my life right now. I have trust issues. Major ones. I don't like people as much as I thought I did. Yet, I want a relationship and children. (yes I am willing to do it again.)

This post has gone a little longer than I thought. Maybe I will come back and finish my thoughts later.

2 comments:

  1. good to see that you're back writing. it's therapeutic and cathartic at times, so i'm hoping you get what you need from blogging/writing again.

    as for your health, my prayer for you is that you do whatever it takes to get healthy again. Black women are such givers, that sometimes we forget to take for ourselves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back as well. I was kind of sad when you just abruptly disappeared. I'm still going to pout for a minute. I missed hearing about your granny going into her purse and pulling guns on people. LOL.

    I have conversations with my voices. Though they're really more like different aspects of my personalities. As long as they don't tell you to kill me I won't call you crazy. :o)

    Depression can be a witch! As long as you have some sort of release for your thoughts and feelings I don't think it really matters how you get them out. Though I do sometimes envy people who can just say it. No one offered you any meat to make you feel better? LOL.

    ReplyDelete